What is a Maternal Safety Bundle?
- A Bundle is a small set of evidence-based interventions that combines medical and improvement science to achieve improved outcomes
- When care processes are grouped into simple bundles, caregivers are more likely to implement them by making fundamental changes in how the work is done.
- When the care processes are evidence based, subsequent outcomes will improve
- Encourages interdisciplinary teams to organize work, adapt the delivery system, and deliver bundle components reliably.
AIM CCI’s Equity Approach
- Facilitating the integration of equity into non-hospital focused maternal safety bundles
- Developing and piloting at least four new clinical/community integrated maternal safety bundles with an emphasis on enhancing capacity to reduce maternal morbidity and mortality and achieving equity.
- Individual assessments to capture equity capacity and provide aggregated report to pilot sites including targeted resources to build capacity over time.
The AIM CCI measures are aimed at understanding the broader MCH in a community and the type of services provided by all members of a Local Maternal Safety Committee (LMSW) to support bundle Implementation. Please click here to view measures for the AIM CCI postpartum bundle.
The Community Care for Postpartum Safety and Wellness Bundle seeks to ensure that all women receive the care and support that they need to have to recover from birth, acclimate to motherhood and transition to well woman care. The Bundle provides steps to create a system of care for women from birth through the first year postpartum. This provides a structure to support our daily processes and organizational culture to ensure that no matter where a woman presents in the postpartum care continuum, she receives equitable care that addresses her medical, behavioral health and psychosocial needs.
This Bundle reflects the continuum of care from birth to first year postpartum. For the purposes of AIM CCI, this Bundle will be piloted and further refined for finalization based upon feedback from the implementation process of the Pilot Sites.
Resources for this Bundle
As a pilot initiative, AIM CCI has worked with six unique communities across the U.S. to test the Community Care maternal safety bundles. During the pilot phase, we work step-in-step with these communities to get real-time feedback on bundle development and testing of the specific bundle elements. You will find resources that support the bundle in each of the bundle documents, available for download and as a printable PDF. These resources are either directly from a pilot site that used it, or was created based on feedback during the pilot site testing of the elements. We hope that you find these resources helpful.
Need more help with this bundle? Contact us!
If you need more information about this bundle, or need assistance implementing bundle materials, let us know. We’re here to help!